Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] bwilde@gmail.com is offline

Default Cell Value from String Name

I have a somewhat intersting problem that I'm having trouble solving.
Consider the following simplified spreadsheet:

A B
1 2
2 B 55
3 =A2&A1

Now, the formula in A3 will become the string "B2." What I want is to
be able to enter a formula in another cell, give it the string from
A3, and have the value of that cell be 55. Is there a function that
takes a string representing the position of a cell that returns that
cell's value?

(I know that this seems really dumb with the simplified example, but I
need to use this for something more complex).

Thanks,
Ben