Mike Williams

Default How to paste INDIRECT function to range of cells?

IN OfficeXP/Excell2002:

I have cell D4 on one worksheet with the formula :

=INDIRECT(D$1&"!J4")
[it gets the other worksheet name from thisworksheetcell D1]

and I want to paste it into cells D5-D50, and have J4 increment
accordingly, so that in cell D5 the formula looks like this

=INDIRECT(D$1&"!J5")

etc; J6, J7, etc.
Whenever I paste this kind of formula though, the D1 (worksheetname)
reference increments or not, depending on the $, but the cell reference
doesn't increment, no matter what. Doing all this manually, one cell at a
time, will be a royal pain. Can someone please suggest a solution?

THANKS.