Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Regional Settings with Date

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 15:18:13 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Just to add, this only happens on my user account, all other user
accounts are fine and you can enter the date as 16/11/07 and it comes
up as 16-Nov-07. It seems all settings on Excel have been changed to
US even though my regional settings are set to UK.

When you write "regional settings", are you referring to the settings in Excel,
or to the settings in the Windows Control Panel Regional settings.

The behaviour you describe is what would happen if the Windows Control Panel
Regional settings got set to US settings (or the short-date format, anyway).
--ron