Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Declaring variables in Module vs. Public

I think I bench marked different declaration scopes at one point and found
that there was really no difference in performance (can't rememeber if I
checked global between modules). Even global vs locally declared showed
pretty much no difference (I had expected to see a difference here since the
variables would need to be added and removed from the stack when declared
locally). Did you find something different?
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

There is a difference, because the variables will be in scope for the whole
project, but in reality you probably won't notice it. There is a bigger
question over design, structure, etc., but by going to multiple modules you
are starting to think along the right lines.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Jeff" wrote in message

I have written code and there are a number of variables that are declared
at
the top of the module - so they can be used by all subs in the module.

I am expanding the code and am considering separating the new added code
into a different module because it would be organized a little better.

My question is - is there a performance difference to declaring the
variables public rather then "Module" wide. Any advice under what
circumstances to break code into different modules and when to declare
public
vs module wide.

I have 1 module now, but I could break up the code into 6 modules that
have
product specific data. All the variables would have to change to public
because they are common in the 6 modules.

Thanks for your help