Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Eden397 Eden397 is offline

Default Redirecting a formula in an "IF THEN" statement

I know how to record a macro but do you have time to write out the
instructions for my actions if I wanted to record this into a new macro?
This is very interesting to me. If it's too much work, let me know and I
will try to perform the other advice below. Thanks, Eden397

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Insert the following macro in the worksheet event code area:

Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
If Range("G2980").Value = 0 Then
Range("G2980").Value = 1
Range("K2980") = 1

If G2980 becomes a 0, then both G2980 and K2980 will become 1's
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200757

"Eden397" wrote:

G2980 is a result of a formula.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Is the contents of G2980 a typed-in value or the result of a formula??
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200757

"Eden397" wrote:

Hi,
I have a formula in cell K2980 stating "=IF(G2980=0,1,"")" . This works
fine but I need to go further with the formula and don't know how. What I
want to do is if G2980 =0, then I want a 1 to show up in K2980 but I also
want the 0 in G2980 to change to a 1. Is this too circular? Thanks, Eden 397