Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dhod dhod is offline

Default Worksheet referenced in same file as variable in formula?

I have a weekly data source with multiple names and 3 parameters to return.
There are individual worksheets for each weeks data. I want to combine these
into one worksheet and I am using the index(match) combination instead of
vlookup. I have the title of each worksheet across the top cells, and want
to populate the 3 parameters vertically below. Is there a way to set the
formula up so the worksheet name is variable and put in by looking at the
cell above with the name?

In short - can the worksheet name for the formula be pulled from a cell in
the same worksheet. I want to be able to drag the formula and adjust which
worksheet it is pulling the data from.

Thanks.