Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default More than i substitution

Yes, just nest them, so the inner function changes spaces to blanks,
the next outer one changes commas to blanks etc. Be wary of the limit
of 7 nested functions if you are using XL2003 or earlier.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 19, 6:34 pm, "Otto Moehrbach" wrote:
Excel XP & Win XP
I am using the Substitute function in conjunction with the Indirect function
in a Data Validation formula. My question is about the Substitute function.
Is there a way to substitute nothing for more than one thing in a single
formula? For instance, substitute nothing for all spaces, all commas, all &
symbols, etc, all in one formula? Thanks for your time. Otto