Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to restrict zeros in a number from 16th digit onwards

If you want to do arithmetic on it, you'll have to use text functions such
as LEFT and RIGHT to split it into parts that are within Excel's number
range and manipulate them separately.
--
David Biddulph

"Vinod" wrote in message
But I wanted to do some arthmatic operations on that number. So, I can't
make
it as Text.

So is there any other solution.

Regards,
Vinod

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Precede the number with a single quote
OR
Pre-format the cells as text
You will not be able to do arithmetic on these values but I doubt they
are
real numbers.
Excel has a 15 digit precision limit.
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Vinod" wrote in message
How to restrict zeros in a number from 16th digit onwards.

In other wards I made cell format as "Number" with no decimals. I
entered
number in that particular cell with 1234567891234567 (16 digit number)
after
enter key it converting as 1234567891234560 ( "0" at 16 digit)

Advanced Thanks,

Regards,
Vinod