Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John Bundy John Bundy is offline

Default Check Folder For Files

Try this out, i built it as a function and put a test to it, you just need to
pass in the filenames in a loop and if it does not exist it will add it to a
string

Dim mystring As String

Function checkForFiles(filename)
Dim mystring As String
Dim oFSO As Object
Dim Folder As Object
Dim Files As Object
Dim file As Object

MsgBox ("Select the Folder")
Set foldername1 = Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker)
foldername1.Show
foldername1path = CurDir()

'MsgBox oFSO.fileexists(foldername1path & "\" & filename)
If oFSO.fileexists(foldername1path & "\" & filename) = "False" Then
checkForFiles = filename

End Function

Sub main()
Dim myReturn As String
myReturn = checkForFiles("book1.xls")
If myReturn < "" Then mystring = mystring & myReturn

MsgBox mystring

-John
is helpful.

"Dave" wrote:

Hi Guys,

I'd like to do the following in a macro:

Sub MACRO()

MsgBox ("Select the Folder")
Set foldername1 = Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker)
foldername1.Show
foldername1path = CurDir()

'HELP HERE

End Sub

I want to then check the folder for files:

file1.xls
file245.xls
file278.xls
file88.xls

etc.

so they'll be something like foldername1path & "\" file1.xls (AM I RIGHT?)

If one or more of these files do not exist, I would like a MsbBox to show
with something like "File1.xls and File88.xls not found".

Thanks in advance
Dave