Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Flick Olmsford Flick Olmsford is offline

Default Sorting

When you say "only include the rows that have data in them", are you saying
you have blank cells and want those blank cells to "stay put" and sort with
the sorted results going into the original non-blank cells?

If you simply select the column with data you can click the sort button,
Excel will warn you that data exists in adjacent rows. You can then indicate
that you do not want adjacent cells / columns sorted. At least that is how
Excel 2003 works.

Alternatively, might leaving blank columns on either side of the columns to
be sorted do, giving them a very tiny width do.

"WLMPilot" wrote:

I have a budget within a worksheet. I want to have the capability to sort
each column, acending or decending. Other than creating two macros per
column is there a way to do this. The number of rows will vary, but I only
want to include the rows that have data in them. Currently, columns are A-P
and rows are 9 - 34. Again, as needed, rows will be added.

Thanks for your help,
Les