Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sandy Mann Sandy Mann is offline

Default conditional formatting

As others have implied ,Conditional formatting applies to only the
one cell so either you have to pu it in every cell or use Even Code in the
Sheet Module. Something like:

If Intersect(Target, Columns("B")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub

E = InStr(1, Target.Value, "Exception", 1)
If E < 0 Then
Target.EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 3

HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Candace" wrote in message
I am trying to use conditional formatting to make an entire row red if the
content of column B for that row has the word "Exception" in it. I only
succeeded in conditionally formatting that particular cell. How can I get
the
formatting to apply to the entire row, when the cell in column B of that
row
contains the word "Exception"?