Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
WLMPilot WLMPilot is offline

Default conditional formatting

Within the Conditional Format window, choose "Formula Is" and type in the
following.

=AND($B1<"",$B1="Exception")
then set your format.

To paste to the remaining cells, you will need to make three separate paste.
After entering and closing conditional formatting window, click on cell B1,
then click on the paint brush and then click on cell A1. To paste to the
right of cell B1, click on cell B1 again, click paint brush, then click on C1
and hold mouse button down (usually the left button) and roll to the end of
the row, highlighting just the cells that are to be affected.

The next paste will cover all rows below row one. Again, click on cell B1,
click the paint brush, then click on A2 (holding down the mouse button -
usually left button) and roll to the end of the row (however many cells are
affected in row), then roll down to highlight all the rows. Then release the
button.

Les

"Candace" wrote:

I am trying to use conditional formatting to make an entire row red if the
content of column B for that row has the word "Exception" in it. I only
succeeded in conditionally formatting that particular cell. How can I get the
formatting to apply to the entire row, when the cell in column B of that row
contains the word "Exception"?