Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope Andy Pope is offline

Default scatter plot data point labelling question

From a previous reply.

There is no built in way to link data labels to cells. But with the aid of
this free addin you can do it.
http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

I have three columns of data: watershed name, acres of original old growth
and, % loss of old growth acres.

I created a scatter plot that displays the watershed points with the
number
of acres of original old growth for the Y axis and the % loss for the x
axis.
Now I would like to use the third column, watershed name, to label these
points. I cannot see how to do this and would greatly appreciate any help
you
have to offer. I exported the plot to a .pdf and labeled a few in
photoshop
to give you an idea of what i mean: http://www.seawead.org/scatter.jpg

Thanks,

Bob