Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Cooz Cooz is offline

Default How can I use conditional formatting to hide or delete rows?

Of course! It is as simple as that. Thank you Roger.

I've elaborated a little on this since your solution does not provide an
automatic update - which was what I needed. Here's where this SHORT macro,
placed in the worksheet in question, comes in handy:

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="<"
End Sub

Does the trick.

Kind regards,
Cooz

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Linda

Conditional formatting will not hide rows or delete rows.
You could use conditional formatting to make the font colour equal the
background colour, so the data would appear to be "hidden", but the row
will still show.

Why not mark your header row and DataFilterAutofilter
Use the dropdown on column A to select Non Blanks

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"linda.beautiful.california"
. com wrote in message
I want to use conditional formatting to hide or delete rows in Excel if
the
cells in column A are blank. How can I do this or, if conditional
formatting
won't work, what other way is there to accomplish this?