Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
franki_85 franki_85 is offline

Default Counting defined values

I am trying to count the number of times either "12 12" or "8 16" (these
being shift patterns) occur in a column. My table is set out in a calendar
format, with the value beside a persons name. I need to count how many times
there was 2 or less of the above values in one day, so I am assuming i should
count each column, then have a SUM at the end of it. My aim is to count how
many times in a year, there were days with 2 or less of the above values. ie
0, 1 or 2 people working that day. I have already set conditional formatting
so that these values are turned up in red, so I dont know if that helps,
(although other values in the table are red also!)

I am sorry if this is confusing, I am a bit of a novice user, and am VERY
confused! Ive tried to explain it a bit below.

Eg
A B C D E F G
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Mr A 12 12 8 16 N/A N/A 8 16 N/A N/A
Mr B N/A 12 12 N/A 8 16 N/A 12 12 N/A
Mr C N/A 8 16 N/A 12 12 N/A 8 16 N/A

Therefore, column A is one, column B is 3, C is 0, D is 2 etc

I only want a total if there are 2 or less, so the above would be 6.

Any help would be appreciated!