Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Arvi Laanemets Arvi Laanemets is offline

Default use vlookup with offset function

Hi

"liem" wrote in message
I tried this but on step # 4 after i finished input data it has a blank
cell
with no DATA return.

It means INDEX(SelectRng,ROW()-ROW(A$3),COLUMN()+1) did return an error.
Check the range SelectRng - select some item from combo, then go
InsertNameDefine, select the named range SelectRng and then click on any
part of its source formula: the source sheet is activated with current
SelectRng activated (bordered with dashed line). When you don't see any area
with dashed border, then SelectRng=Nothing, and you have to test all
components of it one by one.

Btw. did you use data validation list in cell A1 on output sheet (i.e. you
did have values like "merchandise"/"gasoline"/"food" there) or was there
combo-box controls selection nunber (1/2/3) instead? When later, then you
have your error cause! I myself use always data validation lists on
worksheet - combo boxes are too cumbersome there.

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<attarkon.ee )