Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jael Jael is offline

Default Charting selective data

Thanks for the reply - That's what I currently do, but I have to re-define
the graph's range each time I download (two to three times a week) as they
never have the same number of rows.

jael

"B. R.Ramachandran" wrote:

Hi,

Select entire page and sort the data by the "Status" column. All rows with
Status = "A" will bunch up into a block. Now you can selectively plot
"Value" vs "Date" for that block.

Before doing the above, you could copy the entire data to another sheet, so
that the original data structure is in tact.

Regards,
B. R. Ramachandran

"Jael" wrote:

I have a database in an excel worksheet that I download from an internet
source.
It's 25 columns by 100 to 150 rows.

I want to plot the value in the "Value" column versus the date in the "Date"
column for each row where the "Status" Column equals "A" in a chart on that
worksheet.

"Value" ranges form 100 to 300, "Date" covers a 2 year window and there are
about 30 (+/-) occurrences of "Status" = "A"

I use the data base functions to find min, max, average but would like some
way to apply the criteria to my graph.

I'm familiar with MS Access & VBA in MS Access and could generate a query
but I want to do this in an Excel application.

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks,

Jael