Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie David McRitchie is offline

Default Color Palette

When you indicate file it is not clear if mean worksheet, or workbook.

When you change a color in the palette, it is changed for any element formatted
with the color you changed, throughout the entire workbook.

Color Palette and the 56 Excel ColorIndex Colors
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/colors.htm
--
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP -- Excel

"JAD" wrote in message ...
Using the default color palette in Excel, I proceeded to format my latest
spreadsheet. Once completed, I saved the file. The next day, I opened the
previous file and also opened, in the same session, another older file that
had a modified color palette. When I viewed the new file, it now has changed
it's color palette to the one in the older file. As someone that uses the
format feature to it's maximum, I cannot afford to redo spreadsheet color
formats and would appreciate some advice on how I can, if possible, assign a
color palette to an Excel file without the file being corrupted by other
unlike color palette Excel files. Thank You, JAD.