Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Dcounta for counting staff grades

Assuming your grade column is G, then you could do it like this:

=COUNTIF(G:G,"E")+COUNTIF(G:G,"F")+COUNTIF(G:G,"G" )

if you have one sheet per shift. If all the data is in one sheet, with
another column to denote the shift, then a SUMPRODUCT formula could
get you the count per shift - post back with further details
describing what you have and what you want to do if you require more
assistance.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 18, 7:17 pm, John in Wembley wrote:
Hi
I have a roster at work and use DCOUNTA to count how may qualified
nurses I have on each shift. I need to count the nurses with grade
E,F,G present on that shift
Am I correct in using Dcounta, is there any other option.
I just ask as I need to do quite a bit of work to create all the
querries for each day of the month

cheers
John