Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Question for Gord D

The link I posted was to John McGimpsey's site.

You have altered John's code and prpbably placed it in the wrong module.

See other responses in this thread.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 08:26:00 -0800, DaveM
wrote:

I read your post from october noted below regarding how to create a two cell
accumulator. I went to the link you referenced and got the code which i
pasted below. Using my visual editor in excel I placed this code in to the
open workbook. When i go to the sheet and change the value in K1, nothing
happesn... What might I be missing. Marcos are enabled so i'm at a loss.

Dave
************
With Target
If .Address(False, False) = "j1" Then
If IsNumeric(.Value) Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
Range("k1").Value = Range("k1").Value + .Value
Application.EnableEvents = True
End With
End Sub
********************

***************
You can do it but what will you do when you make a mistake in entry?

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 16:58:01 -0700, preston-ahp
wrote:

I am wanting to utilize essentially an adding machine function in an Excel
spreadsheet. I can't, presently, find a way to input a number in a cell, have
it included in a total, and then enter another number to be added to that
recently increased sum (just like an adding machine).