Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DaveM DaveM is offline

Default Question for Gord D

nice....man you guys/gals are good at this... :) Thanks Dave

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Just to add to Andy's post...

..Address(false,false) will return an uppercase column letter. Since you used
lowercase, your If statement will never be true (unless you do something
special).

I like this syntax better:

with target
if intersect(.cells, .range("K1")) is nothing then
'skip it
else
If IsNumeric(.Value) Then
Application.EnableEvents = False

And I don't have to be as careful with my upper/lower case typing.

DaveM wrote:

I read your post from october noted below regarding how to create a two cell
accumulator. I went to the link you referenced and got the code which i
pasted below. Using my visual editor in excel I placed this code in to the
open workbook. When i go to the sheet and change the value in K1, nothing
happesn... What might I be missing. Marcos are enabled so i'm at a loss.

Dave
************
With Target
If .Address(False, False) = "j1" Then
If IsNumeric(.Value) Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
Range("k1").Value = Range("k1").Value + .Value
Application.EnableEvents = True
End With
End Sub
********************

***************
You can do it but what will you do when you make a mistake in entry?

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 16:58:01 -0700, preston-ahp
wrote:

I am wanting to utilize essentially an adding machine function in an Excel
spreadsheet. I can't, presently, find a way to input a number in a cell, have
it included in a total, and then enter another number to be added to that
recently increased sum (just like an adding machine).

--

Dave Peterson