Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MelB MelB is offline

Default hopefully a basic macro

I don't have experience with macros but am hoping that this is a basic enough
one for me to get my feet wet with.

I would like a macro to do the following:

Wherever the word "N/A" appears in a worksheet I would like the macro to
copy the background fill and font color/type from the cell directly adjacent
and to the left of it.

For example if "N/A" appears in cell A2, I want the background color and
font properties from cell A1 copied into cell A2.

I have conditional formatting set up in all of the cells that will
eventually contain "N/A", but need all three available conditional
formattings for other things and since this is something that is consistent
throughout the worksheet I was hoping I could take care of this piece with a
macro.