Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RobN[_2_] RobN[_2_] is offline

Default Mass Protect and unProtect

Thanks OssieMac, just what I needed!!!

Just a matter of interest, any idea why the UnProtect runs MUCH slower? The
sheets are mainly filled with charts, Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts & Data.
Not too many formulas. There are 23 sheets and takes 5 seconds to UnProtect
and about 1/2 sec to Protect.

Rob

"OssieMac" wrote in message
Hi Rob,

The following works but depending on just what you want to protect, you
might want to set some more parameters for the protect.

Sub Test_Protect()

Dim ws As Worksheet

For Each ws In Worksheets
ws.Protect Password:="ossiemac"
Next ws

End Sub

Sub Test_Un_Protect()

Dim ws As Worksheet

For Each ws In Worksheets
ws.Unprotect Password:="ossiemac"
Next ws

OssieMac

"RobN" wrote:

Is there some code that will protect and some more code that will
Unprotect
all spreadsheets in a workbook?

I thought something like this would work if I named all the sheets, but
it
doesn't!
Copied from Help and change Select to
Protect.........Worksheets(Array("Sheet1", "Sheet2", "Sheet4")).Protect
What's wrong with this code? ("Says subscript out of range") All those
sheets exist. In fact this won't even work on 1 sheet!

However, I'd rather some code that did all the sheets, even if I added
others.

Rob