Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JP[_3_] JP[_3_] is offline

Default How to average every 48 rows of data for 20,000 rows?

....and I just realized you can combine the formulas.

=IF(MOD(ROW(),48)=0,AVERAGE(A1:F1),"")

:-)

HTH,
JP

On Nov 16, 5:17 pm, JP wrote:
Forgot to mention that you should FILL DOWN the formula in columns G &
H before pasting in values.

On Nov 16, 5:11 pm, JP wrote:

Here's one way.

Let's say your data is in A1:F20000. Click in cell G1 and type this
formula

=IF(MOD(ROW(),48)=0,"YES","NO")

Copy column G and paste values. Now column G has "YES" every 48th
row. In column H put

=IF(G1="YES",AVERAGE(A1:G1),"")

Again, copy and paste values if you want the hard-coded data to stick.

HTH,
JP

On Nov 16, 4:52 pm, akoskelo
wrote:

Hi. I have a huge spreadsheet (~20,000 rows). I need to average every 48 rows
into one value. Is there a quick and easy way to do this without scrolling
through all 20,000 rows and copy-pasting the "average" function every 48th
row?

Thank you.- Hide quoted text -