Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope Andy Pope is offline

Default SCROLL BAR FOR A 52 WEEK CHART

Hi,

The OFFSET formula takes 5 arguments.

OFFSET( <AnchorCell , <StartRow , <StartColumn , <NumberOfRows ,
<NumberOfColumns )

When dealing with data in row the StartRow and NumberOfRows are usually
specified by formula.
If your data is in Columns then you just need to modify the formula.

You do not attach defined names to the scroll bar. The scroll bar is used to
change a linked cell. The linked cells value is used as the Start or
NumberOf parameter.
Whether you change the Row or Column arguments depends on your data layout.

So if your data is in B2:B20 for example the formula may look like this.

=OFFSET( Sheet1!$B$2 , 0 , COUNTA(Sheet1!$B$2:$U$2)-10 , 1 , 10 )

Cheers
Andy
--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Karine" wrote in message
Hey Andy,

Thanks for the information, however the data I have in my tables is used
for
multiple graphs and the data goes across rather then down. I tried to do
the
Name Define but it keeps reading it downwards rather then across to get
the
data. Any tips?

And how do I attach the defined names to the scroll bar?
Thanks again,
Karine

"Karine" wrote:

Hi there,

I have many charts that are updated on a weekely bases (52 weeks)
however
currently I am going in manually and changing the cell rangers to update
my
graphs because I only need 10 weeks at a time showing, but I'd like the
option to check the previouse weeks if need be. I know there is a way to
add
a scroll bar to the charts and drag that along to update the charts. I
can't
seem to figure it out the macro to run. I am using the Scroll Bar from
the
Forms toll bar.
Any help would be great.

Thanks,