Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ED2 ED2 is offline

Default Excel in Office 2007

I, too, am a frustrated professor as I both use this feature in my own
research and I instruct/require my students to do so as well. everything
worked in 2003 and earlier versions.

Ed

"frustrated Professor" wrote:

So...
Based on what has been said, I have concluded that this is a bug in Excel in
Office 2007. I will cease searching for a setting to change and wait for
Microsoft to correct the problem.

Thanks to everyone.

"frustrated Professor" wrote:

I create a 2-way table that is populated with random numbers. I then attempt
to calculate some basic descriptive statistics (Min, Max, Average, Stdev,
etc.) of the numbers in the table. When I hit F9, the table recalculates but
the descriptive statistics do not. In fact, the descriptive statistics only
recalculate when the cells containing these functions are "Highlighted."
This is not how things used to be. What is going on? How do I fix this
problem?