Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ryguy7272 ryguy7272 is offline

Default Do Vlookup calculate quicker using named ranges?!

I don't think named ranges compromises the performance of your workbook, and
I don't think there is a limit to the number of named ranges you can use
(although as a practical matter if you have thousands, you may want to
consider things such as maintenance and the overall usefulness of the tool).

Regards,
Ryan---

--
RyGuy

"Charles Williams" wrote:

Hi Jason,

The last time I checked it was slower (but only very slightly, the overhead
of processing named ranges is not usually very high).

regards
Charles
UK Cambridge XL Users Conference 29-30 Nov
http://www.exceluserconference.com/UKEUC.html

"WhytheQ" wrote in message
simple question:

Do Vlookup calculate quicker using named ranges?

...on a big range (e.g A1:V45000) it seems like they evaluate quicker
if a name is used in the Vlookup.
Surely this isn't true?

Any help appreciated
Jason.