Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Rech[_2_] Jim Rech[_2_] is offline

Default Drop Down - Repost

Sorry to be so slow getting back. I still don't see the problem but you
didn't really give me the precise steps to repro. Let me give you my steps
and you can tell me what I did wrong.

-Filled a-z in the range F1:F26
-In C1 created a Data Validation, List referencing F1:F26.
-Clicked the drop down arrow in C1 selected first item "A".
-"A" appeared in C1.
-Clicked arrow again and current item "A" was selected.
-Selected "Y" from list and "Y" appeared in C1.
-Clicked arrow again and the current selection "Y" was selected in drop
down.

All that seems as it should be so let me know what your scenario is.

--
Jim
"robert morris" wrote in message
| Jim,
|
| Thanks for the info. I have a column where I have entered a drop down
list
| (column C) through Data Validation from another (Master) list. This
"master"
| list will have names entered occassion which I sort A to Z. All works
well
| except when I open the drop down box in Column C to choose a name, the
list
| of names in the box opens at the bottom of the list. As few names start
with
| x,y,z, I have to scroll the box to the top. First name Andrews (sample)
|
| Is this a little clearer?
|
| Bob M.
|

| "Jim Rech" wrote:
|
| When you don't get a response to a post consider clarifying it. With
| precise "steps to reproduce" ideally. Start with what kind of drop down
you
| have. There are at least 3 kinds in Excel.
|
| --
| Jim
| "robert morris" wrote in
message
| |I have Excel 2007 - I have created a drop down list in column "I" the
drop
| | down boxes are in column C - Although my list (col I) is sorted A -
Z my
| | drop down box opens with the list showing Z - A. I want it to open
with
| A -
| | Z. What am I missing? I have searched "help" with no results.
| |
| | Bob M.
| |