Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Cheri Cheri is offline

Default Text to Numbers

Here's what I have: Spreadsheet with column of currency that was formatted
as "text". I inserted a column to the right - put in formula =" "&A1 and the
numbers then appears as numbers (without the little green tab in the corner).
Then I wanted to delete the first column but can't because formula refers to
it. I inserted a third column, copied 2nd column and paste special (values)
but the text tab reappears. Is there some way to eliminate the original text
column or copy the second column and keep it formatted as just number or
currency?