Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
joeu2004 joeu2004 is offline

Default Formula in a cell to calc FUTA tax

Errata....

On Nov 15, 7:46 pm, I wrote:
PS: I'm sure you aware that the FUTA rate is not really 0.8%. And in
fact, the FUTA rate can change over time. It is only 0.8% when the
right conditions hold for your state's unemployment tax rate, as it
applies to you.

Ignore this; it is misleading, if not wrong. Arrgghh! I went through
this nearly a year ago, coming to the same incorrect conclusion
because, I believe, the explanation in Pub 15 is misleading and
inconsistent with Form 940 (or Sched H). Although there are
conditions where 0.8% does not apply, they are exceptional.