Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default technical problem of newsgroup usage

I think you'll find that there isn't a notify feature of *this newsgroup*.

What I guess you're referring to is a feature of Microsoft's web interface
to the newsgroup. There is a "Contact Us" link at the foot of
http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...verview.mspx#2, and
at the foot of
http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...fault.mspx?d=1, but it
returns "We're sorry, but we were unable to service your request.", so it
isn't clear how you are supposed to contact Microsoft about problems with
that interface.
http://www.microsoft.com/library/gal...eNotifications
implies that the notification ought to work. The flakiness of the web
interface is one of the reasons why many (most?) regular contributors to the
group don't use that means of access.
--
David Biddulph

"Stefi" wrote in message
Hi All,

For some time I can't use Notify feature of this newsgroup. When I check
Notify me checkbox in my own posts, it works, but pressing Update notify
button for other posts doesn't.

Can anybody tell me the reason or put me in the right direction where to
ask
this question?

Thanks,
Stefi