Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Patrick Patrick is offline

Default COUNTIF with 2 variables. HOW???

Thanks, and please pardon my confusion (ignorance). When I look at your
first suggestion it looks like you are saying to count anything greater than
0, which I do want it to do, but I don't want it to count anything GREATER
than 2.49999999 and that is how I am reading your formula. I tried typing
your formula in but changed the to <. Still no luck. Can you see any
error in the formula I attached before your post?

"T. Valko" wrote:

Look at the range of cells A1:Z1. Count them if the value is 0 and <2.5.

Based on the *literal* interpretation:

=COUNTIF(A1:Z1,"0")-COUNTIF(A1:AZ1,"2.49999999999")

This will count cells greater than 0 and less than 2.5. This *excludes* 0
and 2.5. If you meant the count to be *inclusive*:

=COUNTIF(A1:Z1,"=0")-COUNTIF(A1:AZ1,"2.5")

This *includes* 0 and 2.5.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Patrick" wrote in message
Here is what I am trying to do. In a cell I want it to look at a range of
other cells with the "COUNTIF" formula. I want to be able to say to a
particular cell, for example:

Look at the range of cells A1:Z1. Count them if the value is 0 and <2.5.

For some reason I just can't seem to get it to work or to get Excel to
tell
me what I'm doing wrong!!! HELP!