Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default conditional formula

That is going to be a problem since we can nest IF only 7 deep (unless you
have XL 2007)
We can begin with =IF(MONTH(A1)=1,"its Jan", IF(MONTH(A1)=2, "its Feb",....
but that would need 12 IFs.
Perhaps if we knew what you need after "IS JAN THEN ...." we might be able
to propose another solution.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"MMG" wrote in message
I am trying to figure out how to use a conditional formula to say that if
the
month in a cell containing a full date (i.e. 10/23/06) is Jan then.... or
if
the month is Feb then...any suggestions?