Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
12by8 12by8 is offline

Default Formula in a cell to calc FUTA tax

FUTA tax maximum for W-2 employees is $56 based on first $7K of gross wages
(7K*.008). At $7000.01, there's no need to calc FUTA. I have a wage sheet
that tracks Gross Wages per pay period and Total Gross Wages (both same
column), and FUTA tax amount per pay period and Total FUTA tax (both same
column). I've had mild success with IF, MAX functions. Basically, would
like formula to insert a "zero" in a cell if no FUTA tax amount needs to be
calculated. Other issue includes exceeding $7K threshold within one
paycheck; i.e., previous gross wages were $5000, then earn $2100 in following
period - my formula calcs it based on $2100, when it should be capped at
$2000. Any help would be appreciated.