Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default Fill colum to the next non blank row

after select the blanks using F5 hit the up arrow key on your keyboard and
press ctrl + enter

will fill the blanks with whatever is in the cells above them

Peo Sjoblom

"Blueglass" wrote in message
Hello,
What does it mean "then point the arrow up". I can't figure it out.
Thank you.

"Teethless mama" wrote:

Assuming header in row 1, and states in column A2:A100
select A2:A100 hit F5 Special Blanks OK enter equal sign = then
point the arrow up press ctrl key and hit enter

"coastal" wrote:

Ok,
Not sue how to explain this so I will just describe it:

Here is an shortened sample of the file that I am working with:
1,New York, Joe Smith, AddressA
2,(null), Mary Joe, AddressB
3,(null), Jim Bob, AddressC
4,California, Billy Joel, AddressD
5,(null), Jane Doe, AddressE
6,(null), Mary Jane, AddressF

What I need to do is fill the (null) cells with the title above it (so
rows
2 & 3 should have New York in the (null) cell. Problem is there are
hundreds
of rows. Is there a way to fill a column so that the text "New York"
is
filled up only to the row that contains more text (in this case
California,
row 4)?

--
--coastal