Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
robert morris robert morris is offline

Default Drop Down - Repost

Jim,

Thanks for the info. I have a column where I have entered a drop down list
(column C) through Data Validation from another (Master) list. This "master"
list will have names entered occassion which I sort A to Z. All works well
except when I open the drop down box in Column C to choose a name, the list
of names in the box opens at the bottom of the list. As few names start with
x,y,z, I have to scroll the box to the top. First name Andrews (sample)

Is this a little clearer?

Bob M.

"Jim Rech" wrote:

When you don't get a response to a post consider clarifying it. With
precise "steps to reproduce" ideally. Start with what kind of drop down you
have. There are at least 3 kinds in Excel.

--
Jim
"robert morris" wrote in message
|I have Excel 2007 - I have created a drop down list in column "I" the drop
| down boxes are in column C - Although my list (col I) is sorted A - Z my
| drop down box opens with the list showing Z - A. I want it to open with
A -