Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PaulW PaulW is offline

Default Question on how to raise a price 15% in a coloum

When you copy and past the new answer it will copy the formula, not the
results. When you've used your other cells, copy them as normal, and select
the original values.

This time, right click and select "Paste Special" NOT "Paste" then choose
the "Values" options and press ok.

Otherwise you'll have the *1.15 formula in the old column looking at some
random values.

"cindyred" wrote:

Hi and thank you ,

I am"excel stupid" I know how to do it in another cell . but when I paste it
over the turns the other cells 0, aughhhhhhhhh.......
can I email it to someoone ....

Cindy

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Suppose the prices are in range A1:A20
In some empty cell (C1) type 1.15; Copy C1
Select A1:A20; use Edit | Paste Special and specify Multiply
When done, you may delete C1

Of course, the value will not be rounded to two decimals - that is the
beauty of using a second column.
In B1 enter =ROUND(A1*1.15,2); copy down the column
Now select B1:B10, use Copy; select B1 use Edit | Paste Special and specify
Values. Now column B has the prices increased by 15% as values. You can now
delete column A
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"cindyred" wrote in message
Hello,

I need help on rasisng pricing in a coloum ,(all pricing) I cant figure
out
how to do it , I can do it in another colom , but I want to do it in the
coloum that its in .'

any help
Cindyred