Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
cindyred cindyred is offline

Default Question on how to raise a price 15% in a coloum

Hi and thank you ,

I am"excel stupid" I know how to do it in another cell . but when I paste it
over the turns the other cells 0, aughhhhhhhhh.......
can I email it to someoone ....

Cindy

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Suppose the prices are in range A1:A20
In some empty cell (C1) type 1.15; Copy C1
Select A1:A20; use Edit | Paste Special and specify Multiply
When done, you may delete C1

Of course, the value will not be rounded to two decimals - that is the
beauty of using a second column.
In B1 enter =ROUND(A1*1.15,2); copy down the column
Now select B1:B10, use Copy; select B1 use Edit | Paste Special and specify
Values. Now column B has the prices increased by 15% as values. You can now
delete column A
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"cindyred" wrote in message
Hello,

I need help on rasisng pricing in a coloum ,(all pricing) I cant figure
out
how to do it , I can do it in another colom , but I want to do it in the
coloum that its in .'

any help
Cindyred