Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default recognizing the next cell and inserting the correct currency symbo

Use a combination of Data Validation and VLOOKUP().

Somewhere in the worksheet create a table. The first column of the table is
a textual description of the currency:

Dollar
Euro
Mark
..
..
..
Next to the first column, insert a single character for each currency symbol

In A1 put the data validation pull-down
In B1 put the VLOOKUP to get the symbol.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200756

"Eqa" wrote:

I have a cell say A1 with a drop down list of choosen currencies.eg. US $. In
the next cell say B1, I want it to insert the correct symbol depending on the
currency picked to be automatically inserted. In this case $. How can I do
this?

Hope this is clear.

Thanks Eqa.