Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Formating Date problem

Format the cell as text (as you indicate you have done) and now enter 1/2

When you originally entered 1/2 it converted it to a date (what you actually
input was changed). Just switching the format to text does not convert the
value back so you need to re-enter it at this point but it should be good
from now on...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"saman110 via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Hello,

I have Excel 2007. When I type 1/2 in a cell it turns into 2-Jan and if I
click on it, it turns into 1/2/2007. I tried to Format Cell and chose Text
and other options, but it returns into 39084. Is there any way to turn this
thing off.

thx.