Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten Niek Otten is offline

Default %s in XL entered as ".5" OR "50" reads as 50% if format is %age.

ToolsOptionsEdit tabEnable automatic percent entry governs the behavior of Excel for percentages.
Confusing, I agree.
But then again, the previous behavior was confusing to many too.....

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel