Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Prashant Rao Prashant Rao is offline

Default How to generate a list from a table

Bump

"Prashant Rao" wrote:

I have a table in a worksheet that looks like this.

Yes No
Item 1 0 8
Item 2 2 6
Item 3 1 7
Item 4 7 1
Item 5 5 3
Item 6 4 4
Item 7 8 0
Item 8 5 3

The number of items may not change but the numbers under yes and no will be
updated on a regular basis. The numbers will always add up horizontally to
be equal across each row - essentially this database is capturing responses
from a number of participants on each item.

I want to be able to generate a list/report that looks like this (on a
separate worksheet):

Strong Yes Strong No
No responses 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Yes responses 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0
Item 7 Item 4 Item 5 Item 6 Item 2 Item 3 Item 1
Item 8
That did not paste well but the idea is that I want to list all items with 8
Yeses in one column, then the next column contains all items with 7
yeses...so on and so forth.

Is there a way to do this? My basic-to-intermediate knowledge (gained from
lurking in this forum) is not sufficient for this task.

Thanks in advance