Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Prashant Rao Prashant Rao is offline

Default Formatting $19 million

=round(number/1000000,0) will give you the rounded up number in millions.
You can format the second column to show it "$19 million". You can also use
ROUNDUP and ROUNDDOWN if you want to move the number in a particular
direction. The HELP function in Excel on these functions explains it quite
well.

Prashant Rao

"coastal" wrote:

I accidentally posted this in the Access Database forum. But needed an excel
solution for the following:

I have several columns with currency amounts from in the hundred thousands
the billions. It hard to read these colums so I want to format each to
the
rounded million, or billion in a separate column.

So what I have is
$190,111,111.11
$2,111,111,111.11

I want a separate column with the following (still keeping the other
column):
$190 million
$2 billion

Is there a formatting tool, or formula to get those results?

--
--coastal

--
--coastal