Mike Webb

Okay, no problem. One last question ..... will the Help file in Excel tell
me anything about this type of workbook? If not, are there any good Excel
websites that might?

TIA,
Mike

"CLR" wrote in message
Hi Mike.....

"Executive Abstract Workbook" is not an Official name for
anything......it's
just what I call those Workbooks that I create that do this sort of thing.
Sorry for the confusion and any inconvienience.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Mike Webb" wrote:

Sounds like a good idea, but what is an Executive Abstract Workbook?
Looked
through Excel's help and in Google, but didn't find it or something
related.

Mike

"CLR" wrote in message
Hi Mike.........

Yes, multiple workbooks can be linked to a master Executive Abstract
Workbook. There's a zillion ways to present the data, depending on how
many
Grants you're dealing with........if it's a few, charts might be best,
if
many, then just probably Conditional Formatting (Green=Under budget,
Red=Over budget) etc, with links to Charts and Data of
interest.........it's
a bit of a project to set up, but really nice when it's done. One
problem
is, you need a relatively stable MIS dept, that don't like to rename
servers
and paths, etc........this has a tendency to play havoc with
links............

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Mike Webb" wrote in message
I am trying to find a means to track the different grants we get for
our
research that also provides a means for our Executive Director to
quickly
view them for their status. I found a workbook at a non-profit
website
that
has 3 sheets:

(1) Expenses - this is an expense report form, essentially. We can
add
and
subtract money to indicate when we spend or receive money.
(2) Balance over Time - This is an X-Y line graph to depict money
remaining
versus money spent over the life of the grant.
(3) Notes - Just a place with 2 columns - date and text, to write
notes
about the grant over time to help with writing the technical and
financial
reports required by the grantor.

My initial idea was to use one workbook per grant and have the person
in
charge of that grant share it so the Executive Director could review
it
easily. Not bad, but I think it can be done smarter. Also thought of
using
Access to create a form to tie them together, but I am still a newbie
at
Access and it'd throw the staff for a loop unless it was very user
friendly.

Is there some way to tie together workbooks in one place for
administrative
review, and to add as we get new grants and retire those that are
completed?

TIA!!
--
Mike Webb
Platte River Whooping Crane Maintenance Trust, Inc.