Bernie Deitrick

Lisa,

VLOOKUP can match a value in the first column and return the value from any
other column - and the same row as the matched value - just expand the
second range to include the data that you want to have returned, and use the
third parameter to specify the column number. For example, to match a value
in column A and return the value from column C, along the lines of

=VLOOKUP("Lisa",A1:C10,3,FALSE)

The looked-up value can also be a cell reference:
=VLOOKUP(F1,A1:C10,3,FALSE)

--
HTH,
Bernie
"lisa" wrote in message
on excel,i've been using v-lookup to get values in the same row from one
column but i was wondering if it was possible to use data in 2 columns and
get a value in the same row to transfer into my data sheet. I looked at
every function in the program but can't seem to find the way to do that.

if
anyone knows how to do this, pls respond to this. thanks-lisa