Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Preserving Highlights in Pivots

That has always been an issue. I have gotten around it using a hidden row
above the pivot table. Add text to the cells such that the size is defined by
the width of the text in these cells. Hide the row and all is well.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Schwimms" wrote:

Jim,

When I choose an auto format for the pivot table, the box that is checked in
the table options for auto format becomes checked again. I need that box to
be unchecked because my tables width changes. I need the tables widths not to
change. Is there a way to lock the column widths?

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

Have you looked at the auto formats that come with pivot tables. On the
Pivot Tables Toolbar there is an icon that looks like a table with a
lightning bolt. There are a bunch of predefined formats that work great. They
format the entire table quick and easy.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Schwimms" wrote:

Presentation purposes.

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

What are the highlight being used for. Are you highlighting exception data or
are you just trying to format the table for presentation purposes???
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Schwimms" wrote:

Hi,

I am having trouble in a pivot because when i change a criteria I lose all
the colors I have in the pivot, is there a way I can make the colors stick?