Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Cyberbiker Cyberbiker is offline

Default How to use cell fron different sheet in IF statement

Thanks to you both!! I just set up a fast & dirty workbook & that was it, we
didn't have the quotes. Too late last night - couple of legal beverages...
just couldn't make it work.

Thanks again,

Dean

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

=IF('40'!C24="X",1,0) with quotes on the X
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Cyberbiker" wrote in message
Two of us who know just enough to be dangerous tried different variations
for
over 2 hours last night. We need to be able to pull data from sheet 40,
cell
C24 and use it in an IF statement. We could pull the data from sheet 40
by
itself and insert it into a cell on our current sheet, then in a different
cell, take that and use the IF, but we were unable to do it in one step.

Here's basically what we tried, I am hoping this is possible and we just
couldn't get the hang of the syntax:

=IF('40'!C24=X,1,0)

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

TIA