Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default Template WANTED

I don't know of a template, but I think you can make your own easily enough,
or perhaps this will give you a start?
In row 1 of a sheet type your column labels, something like:
Investment # Shares Buy-Cost Value Current Cost Current Value
Gain/Loss

Starting in Row 2,
In column A, just enter names of stocks/investments
In B, enter number of shares you purchased
In C, enter the cost per share
In D put the formula =B2*C2
In E you can put the current per share cost and
In F put the formula =B2*E2
In G put the formula =F2-D2 to give you gain/loss of value.

You can now 'fill' the formulas in columns D, F and G down the sheet. See
Excel Help for topic 'Data fill' or 'fill data' for help on that operation.
"D.MARKLINGER" wrote:

Looking for a simple 'personal investment portfolio template', where one can
list their mutual funds and stocks, with columns across for number of shares,
share value, total value.
Seems simple, but I don't know Excel so cannot do one myself.
Any templates online do not have this simple version, but rather complex
business ones.
Any help/direction most appreciated!