Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Dragging formula

If you look at the syntax of the OFFSET and ROW functions (see Excel help),
you'll see how my formula works, so you'll be able to adjust it to your new
requirements.
--
David Biddulph

"Sasikiran" wrote in message
Hello David...

Thanks a lot.. another query regarding the same..

Now I need to drag the formula =OFFSET(C$7,0,3*(ROW(B100)-ROW(B$100)))
horizontally to the next cell which should refer to C12 (thats *5 rows
each
time its dragged horizantally) and the row reference ROW(B100) in the
above
formula becomes C100 (that means the row reference will be *1 each time
its
dragged)

Can a formula be put in B100 which can be dragged horizantally and
vertically with the above specifications..

Thanks in advance...

"David Biddulph" wrote:

=OFFSET(C$7,0,3*(ROW(B100)-ROW(B$100))) and copy down
--
David Biddulph

"Sasikiran" wrote in message

I have a problem while dragging the formula.

Its better to give an example rather than explaining in the normal way.

I have a formula =C7 in the cell B100 and =F7 in B101..

That means the row number remains the same (7) but the column number
needs
to be dragged in such a way that for each cell dragged down (from B100
B110 and so on) every third column should be referred (i.e C7, F7, I7,
L7
so
on...)

Thanks in advance