Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sasikiran Sasikiran is offline

Default Dragging formula

Hey Carlo,

Looks like my query was not clear...

I have a formula =C7 in B100 while dragging it vertically its automatiically
taking the next reference cell of the same column C (c7, c8, c9)

Actullay I need the formula in this order C7, F7, I7, L7... so on

Tried with =C$7 also but its not working...

Kindly help..

"carlo" wrote:

On Nov 14, 3:20 pm, Sasikiran
wrote:
Hi,

I have a problem while dragging the formula.

Its better to give an example rather than explaining in the normal way.

I have a formula =C7 in the cell B100 and =F7 in B101..

That means the row number remains the same (7) but the column number needs
to be dragged in such a way that for each cell dragged down (from B100 to
B110 and so on) every third column should be referred (i.e C7, F7, I7, L7 so
on...)

Thanks in advance

=C$7

should work fine